SWTOR has recently announced that the new update 2.0, Scum and Villainy, is due for release in the near future. Right now players can test the new features and content by logging on to the public test server (PTS). Bioware is looking for experienced players to provide feedback on their latest addition to Star Wars the Old Republic via the PTS forum.
Some of the new features that will soon be available for all players include:
- New gear for level 55 players
- New operation: Scum and Villainy
- Advanced Classes are being updated with both new abilities and additional skill trees
- More Flashpoints for level 55 players including Athiss, Cademimu, Hammer Station, and Mandalorian Radiers
- New Legacy Achievements
- A new Nightmare mode operation called Terror from Beyond
SWTOR gives these instructions for accessing the public test server to try out the new 2.0 update:
To access the Public Test Server:
- Log in to the Star Wars: The Old Republic launcher using your username and password.
- Click the Settings button (gear) in the bottom left corner of the launcher.
- Under “Enable Public Test Server Access”, select “Yes.”
- Click “Save.”
- Now the bottom left corner will have two buttons: select the new button next to settings.
- Under “Pick an Environment” select “Public Test.”
- Click “Next” and you will begin patching on the Public Test Server*.
- Click “Play.”
*Please note that the initial patch download will be very large, as you will be installing an additional version of the game client. Any future patches will be significantly smaller.
To transfer your character the Public Test Server, follow these instructions:
- Log into www.swtor.com.
- Click on your account name in the top right hand corner of the site.
- Click “My Account.”
- In the left column, scroll down and click the link entitled “PTS Character Copy.”
- Select the server and then the character that you wish to copy from.
- Click the “Copy Character” button.
- The site will display the current status of your character copy at the top of the page. Additionally, you can click the “View your character transfer history” link to see if the copy has completed.
To advance your character immediately to level 55, follow these instructions:
(Note: Your character must be able to access the fleet in order to do this)
Travel to the Imperial or Republic Fleet.
Go to the “Supplies” area of the Fleet.
Once there, interact with the “Level Booster” terminal, which you can find between the Operations and Daily Mission terminals. The exact location on each fleet are:Your character will be granted level 55 and commendations that you can use to purchase level 55 gear.
Your character will be granted level 55 and commendations that you can use to purchase level 55 gear.
Imperial Fleet – (4600, 698)
Republic Fleet – (-4600, 698)
This game recently transitioned from a purely paid subscription to a free-to-play model. The subscription is still available and offers players access to more content and advanced features but is not required for play.
To learn how to fast track your player to level 55, get the best gear in the game and dominate any opponent in PvE or PvP be sure to check out the SWTOR Savior Unofficial Strategy Guide.